Graphic design is all around us, in a myriad of forms, both on screen and in print, yet it is always made up of images and words to create a communication goal. This course sequence exposes students to the fundamental skills required to make sophisticated graphic design: process, historical context, and communication through image-making and typography. The sequence is completed by a capstone project that applies the skills of each course and peer feedback in a finished branding project suitable for a professional portfolio. The goal of this specialization is to equip learners with a set of transferable formal and conceptual tools for “making and communicating” in the field of graphic design.
Adobe Illustrator (Latest Version):
- Difference between Photoshop and Illustrator
- Introducing with Vector and Raster Graphic
- Tools Introduction
- Introduction with colors, fonts and typography
- Project: Logo & Brand Design
- Project: Corporate Identity Package Design (Business Card, Letterhead, Envelop, Post Card)
- Project: Flyer, Poster, Brochure, Book Cover and Packaging Design
- Projects review and problem solution
- Test/Exam on Illustrator
Adobe Photoshop (Latest Version):
- Tool Introduction
- Difference between Print and Web Design
- Introducing with UI and UX design
- Photo Editing and Image Manipulation
- Introduction with Effects, 2D and 3D Graphics
- Web Content Design (Header, Cover, Footer, Banner, Social Media Ad etc)
Students will gather expertise in following tools :
- Latest version of Adobe Illustrator
- Latest version of Adobe Photoshop
Students will achieve the ability to:
- Distinguish immediately between different types of logos by professional terms.
- Gain valuable insight into colour psychology to influence the audience.
- Discover how to develop a Design with deep & rich meanings.
- Discover suitable colour modes for on-screen and in print.
- Set taglines so they look great against a company name.
- Find out how to price his logo designs to get the most money for his skill.
- Students will receive English language training appropriate for Freelance markets places and international client communication
- After completing the course Student will receive a certificate, that will help upgrading profile both in local and freelancing marketplaces
- Student will have working experience in all major freelance market places
Student will be instructed on the fundamentals of:
- Effective branding as a freelancer
- Creating an effective 100% complete profile on Freelance market places
- How to communicate with the client
- How to bid and win jobs
- How to manage projects and receive high ratings
Course requirements/ prerequisites :
Basic knowledge of PCs, MS Windows, internet and online proficiency