This Specialization enables learners to successfully apply core Java programming languages features & software patterns needed to develop maintainable mobile apps comprised of core Android components, as well as fundamental Java I/O & persistence mechanisms. Learners who successfully complete this Specialization will be well-prepared to master the more advanced material in the subsequent “Mobile Cloud Computing with Android” Specialization.
- Module 1: Environment Setup for Android Application development
- Module 2: Basic App Development Structure
- Module 3: Android Activity, Service, Broadcast Receiver
- Module 4: Building Layout
- Module 5: Basic Widget (ex: button, Image, text etc) and Event Handling
- Module 6: Fragment
- Module 7: JSON parsing
- Module 8: Async task
- Module 9: Google Map
- Module 10: Alert and Notification
Course Outcomes :
- The students will learn how to develop applications for Android mobile devices
- The students will be eligible for millions of jobs around the world
- The students will be able to develop mobile applications with underlying database supports
- Apply mobile application models/architectures and patterns to the development of a mobile software application.
- The students will be able to develop mobile applications that can smartly communicate with a server applications
- The students will be able to develop multimedia and location based applications for Android devices
- Demonstrate advanced Java programming competency by developing a maintainable and efficient cloud based mobile application.
- Describe the components and structure of a mobile development framework (Google’s Android Studio).
- Student will be instructed on the fundamentals of:
- Effective branding as a freelancer
- Creating an effective 100% complete profile on Freelance marketplaces
- How to communicate with the client
- How to bid and win jobs
- How to manage projects and receive high ratings
Course requirements/ prerequisites :
- Basic knowledge of PCs, MS Windows, internet and online proficiency
- Familiarity with any Object Oriented Programming language ( like c++/jave. If you know java then it’s a plus point)